Monday, April 6, 2009

How to Set Your Customers Up for Success

Yesterday I attended a meditation retreat. It was nice, but not what I was expecting based on my last experience with the organization. As a result, I was somewhat frustrated and disappointed in a way that I probably wouldn't have been if I had just known what to expect.

This is a good reminder that when you are marketing, it is important to let people know what they can expect from you. This goes beyond the time and date and a snappy title: try to also answer these three simple questions:

1. What specifically will be expected of the customer?
2. What will the customer walk away with?
3. What level of customer are you catering to? (experienced, novice, etc.)

By answering these simple questions before your customer buys, you can ensure that she is set up to enjoy herself.

No comments: