Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Life is Fragile - Live it Well

Tonight as I was running down a trail near my parents' house, I noticed the sky fill with helicopters and heard sirens in every direction.

We soon learned that a car-carrier truck lost control and ran over a few cars and straight through the local coffee shop and bookstore. This happened less than one hour after I had been at that exact location. Two people are confirmed dead.

Sometimes terrible things happen to everyday people. There is no rhyme or reason for why the truck careened down the street into the quiet little coffee shop in which I had just observed several people diligently working on their laptops.

There is so little that we can control in this world, but the one thing I know we can control is living our lives well.

No comments: