Sunday, February 22, 2009

Opportunities Abound!

One of my greatest challenges is that I am constantly coming up with new business concepts. It's almost a daily occurrence. In fact, just last night over dinner, my husband and I dreamed up a complete new business that I believed was brilliant! Then, this morning, I thought up a new product to add to one of my existing businesses.

The joy and the thrill I get out of the process of coming up with and thinking through these ideas is difficult to explain fully. It is intensely exciting and fulfilling.

I become crazy-motivated to do the new idea vs. all of the "brilliant" ideas I had yesterday, last week, last month, last year, etc. Ah, yes. Those "old" ideas quickly lose their luster in the presence of such a bright, shiny new idea.

And there is my challenge: I must allow myself the great pleasure of dreaming up ideas, but at the end of the day, I also must manage these dreams to ensure they don't encroach upon all of those that came before them.

Does this happen to you? Do you struggle to keep your focus on existing plans while being constantly tempted by new ideas? Let me know if you do, and especially if you have any great ways to manage the balance!

No comments: