Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Day For Chocolate

Yesterday was one of those days when all I wanted to do was sit on the couch and stare off into space while eating chocolate. Some days the pressure of balancing building a business with raising child is just overwhelming.

Although I was prepared to wallow in my blah-ness and log fewer than 3,000 steps for the day, I remembered that my fitness coach suggested that I push myself outside just for a five-minute walk when I feel like this. I put it off and put it off, but eventually at 9:30 p.m. I figured I might as well give it a shot.

Sure enough, after five minutes of walking, I was committed to going 10 more, and soon I had accomplished a 40-minute walk. The truth is, my body didn't feel great about it - for some reason it was stiff and complaining, but my mind really needed that walk! By the half-way point, the clouds in my head had cleared, and chocolate cravings, daydreams, and negative thoughts were completely gone.

This is the amazing mind-body connection that I am continually awed by. In the end, by taking care of myself first, I am able to be more successful both in business and in life.

No comments: